Saturday, October 10, 2009

October 10

Greetings: God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
A Grandfather's Perspective:
A week ago today I met my grandson for the first time.
He didn't even acknowledge my existence. I loved him
anyway. I asked him to open his eyes and he ignored me.
I loved him anyway. I asked him what he was thinking and
he didn't even look at me or speak to me. I loved him anyway.
The world he just came from was not very instructive or
demanding on relational skills. 
I love him because he is precious to me and not because he meets 
my needs. He will always be precious, but a higher level of being
human means that he will become more responsive and we will 
have a relationship. Should he stay unresponsive, I will still hold
him precious, but I will be disappointed that he cannot attain 
that fuller humanity that relates to my humanity.
God loves us, no question. But when we ignore him, we miss out on the
relationship and the whole new revelation that is the life of the Spirit.
It is the beginning of our experience of the nature of God and unlike
physical birth, we have to volunteer for it. God gives us the right to 
say no to him, but saying no is more tragic than a newborn who
cannot grow or a child who will not mature.
(Norm Seiders- Warwick Church of Christ)

SCRIPTURE:
This is love: not that we loved God, but he loved us and sent his Son as
atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10

I love Norm's comparison in his love for his new grandson and God's
love for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment