Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14

Greetings: God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
MY BIRTHDAY MESSAGE:
I'm 78 years old today, so what have I learned in 78 years?

I've learned: Like my dear husband, I have four great loves.
My God-my family-my friends-my country.

I've learned: The more I learn, the less I know and that I don't
have all the answers, but I serve a God who does.

I've learned: That things are less important than people.
Today I will attend the grave-side service of a family friend,
a contemporary of my parents. Irene was 95 and one of the
last of that generation. As you grow older, you attend more
of these services and realize how important the people in
your life really are.

I've learned: If I make plans for the day and there are unexpected
interruptions, it's not the end of the world. There is always tomorrow
and if not, it won't matter!

I learned: That I'm still learning, still making mistakes-still having
fears and still depending on God's Grace, as a toddler depends on
his/her parents.

I've learned: To be thankful for everything and everyone who comes
into my life, and I'm certainly thankful for each of you. You have
helped to make my life richer!

SCRIPTURE:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda

1 comment:

  1. Freda, sorry for the late birthday greeting; I was out of town. I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating 78 years of serving God. Keep up the great work! Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete