Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 16

Greetings; God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
If through experience, your soul
Has gained heights which I
As yet in dim-lit visions see,
Hold out your hand and point the way,
Lest from its straightness I should stray,
And walk a mile with me.
(Author unknown-from my scrapbook)

SCRIPTURE:
If someone forces you to walk a mile, go with him two.
Matthew 5:41

This does not make much sense those of us born in a free world.
But in the time of Jesus, Israel was under Roman rule and the
Roman soldiers  could press a Jew into service to be a courier and
compel him to carry a message to the next station, about a mile.
(From Google)
I think Jesus was trying to teach his followers to show respect, even
for those, they did not agree with!

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment