Friday, August 7, 2009

August 7

Greetings: God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Have you ever seen a trout swimming upstream? They've
been known to rest from the plummeting effects of the
current by hiding behind a rock. Once refreshed, they 
move back into the flow. If you feel weary of 'well doing,'
perhaps it's time to draw near God, the Rock, and allow
the current to flow past, while you rest . You honor God
when you care for your spiritual life by taking refuge in
Him. (Meagan Gillan)

SCRIPTURE:
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my
God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. Psalm 18:2

I've been told that when I was small and in trouble with my
mother, I would run and get behind my grandpa's chair. He
was usually reading and had no clue to what had taken place.
But he would defend me, by holding out his arms, so my mother
could not reach me. God is like that with you and me. The next
you find yourself rowing upstream, step behind the Rock and 
rest in Him! 

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment