Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 4

Greetings: God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
My husband bought me a watch for my birthday. When I received it
I cherished it and admired its beauty. As time went on, I noticed that
I was becoming careless with it. One morning I couldn't find it and I
begin to panic. Where did I leave it? It's amazing how valuable it
 became  again.
As Christians we sometimes treat our salvation the same way as I treat
my watch. At first, we cherish our salvation knowing it's a gift too
precious to earn Then s time passes we take our Christianity for granted,
mostly because we get used to being a Christian.
(Daily Disciples Devotional)

SCRIPTURE:
You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you've
fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. Revelation 2: 4-5

We sing a song at church, which gives pause for thought. I've forgotten the
title, but some of the lines are: "Please soften this old heart of mine. Soften it
with the love of your oil and your wine."

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment