Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 23

Greetings: God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Although uncontrollable events do precipitate depression,
depression more often comes from the inability to reach
the impossible goals we impose on ourselves.
(Everett L Worthington, Jr.)

SCRIPTURE:
" I have had enough, Lord, take my life. " Elijah said.
God asked Elijah, "What are you doing here?" He answered
"I have been very  zealous for the Lord God Almighty, The 
Israelites have rejected your covenant, broken down your
alters, put your prophets to death. I am the only one left."
The Lord said, "Go back the way you came. Yet I reserve 
seven thousand whose knees have not bowed to Baal."
1 Kings 19:4, 14,15,18 (Paraphrased)  

Quit expecting more from yourself than God expects from you!

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment