Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11

Greetings: God bless you this day!
After 5 1/2 hours in ER yesterday evening, they admitted Jim
into the hospital. Please continue to pray for us.

 THOUGHT FOR TODAY
I compare the troubles which we undergo in a year to a bundle
of sticks, far too large for us to carry. But God does not require
us to carry the whole bundle at once. He mercifully unties the
bundle and gives us one stick, which we carry today, and then
another which we carry tomorrow and so on. This might be easily
managed, but when we choose to increase our troubles by carrying
yesterday's stick all over again and adding tomorrow's stick to the
load, before we're required to bear it! (John Newton- From Dot Barr)

SCRIPTURE:
Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am gentle and humble
in heart and my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:29-30

If we allow Jesus to carry our burdens, our yoke indeed will be light!

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment