Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29

Greetings: God bless you this day!

Today is known as "Good Friday" And I usually send out the following poem
On Good Friday. there is some controversy over whether this happened on Thursday
or Friday. Tradition has it set on Friday, so I am following tradition. It does not really
matter what day,  just that it "happened!" The death burial and resurrection of our
Savior is the most significant thing to happen in the history of the world.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
SIX HOURS ONE FRIDAY:
Six hours one Friday,
Just an ordinary day,
People of Jerusalem,
Went about their way.

Some went to market,
Others tended sheep
Thousands to the Temple,
With sacrifices there to keep.

While the city bustled,
On this ordinary day,
History was changing,
In an extraordinary way.

Within six hours on that Friday,
The earth trembled to the core.
The Temple curtain became torn,
From the ceiling to the floor.

All around was darkness,
The sun refused to shine.
People groped about them,
As if they were blind.

On a distant hill,
They heard an erie cry,
From the center figure,
That was about to die.

"My God, My God,
Why have You forsaken Me?"
Came the pleading voice
From the One upon the tree.

Six hours on that Friday,
God claimed a victory,
Over death and Satan,
On a cross on Calvary.

But not all believe the story.
That it came about that way,
That God works His best miracles,
On an ordinary day!

SCRIPTURE:
"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Matthew 27:46

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda




No comments:

Post a Comment