Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 5

Greetings: God bless you this day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Baby birds might teach us how to open wide enough that
we might receive abundant blessings from God's hand.
Hungry hatchlings are on to something.
God is still searching for those hungry enough to listen to him.
(Clyde Slimp-Power for Today)

SCRIPTURE:
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for
they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

I've been a child of God for many years and that is both a blessing
and a danger. The danger is becoming complacent. When I see the
hunger of a new hatchling in Christ, I think of this song:
My eyes are dry.
My faith is old
My heart is hard
My prayers are cold
.
And I know how
I ought to be
Alive to you
And dead to me.

Oh what can be done
For an old heart like mine
Soften it up
With the oil and wine.

The oil is You
Your Spirit of love
Please wash me anew
In the wine of Your blood.
My prayer for 2017

Know I prayed for you today. Blessings-Freda



No comments:

Post a Comment